Don’t Put Off Your Annual Chimney Sweeping or Cleaning
To get information as to why it is so important to get your chimney cleaned or swept annually, check out the CPSC Fire Safety Check List. You can quickly get an idea of what a chimney sweep really does and why!
Another great place to get a real world idea of what chimney sweeping is all about is to take a look at a video provided by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). It will show you how Ashbusters Charleston will sweep and inspect your fireplace. Also take a look at the glossary at the top of the video pane as well. Once you understand how your fireplace is constructed you will know what we are sweeping and evaluating.
Ashbusters Charleston, SC Sweeps:
- Are CSIA Certified
- Go through an extensive background check
- Participate in mandatory industry training to stay on top of the latest technical advances to maintain our reputation as a premium chimney sweep company.
Though Ashbusters opened in 2011 in South Carolina, we have a 27 year company history to draw from. Our chimney professionals trained for several years with technicians who have swept over 21,000 chimneys and have received thousands of “all excellent” response cards from customers. In other words, we have learned and trained with the best! Our goal is to bring the same service and performance level to Charleston and prove we do it right!
We know we are setting the bar high and we intend to live up to those standards every day so we promise we will continue to do it right, every time. Take a minute and see what others have to say about the Ashbusters brand on HomeAdvisor. We think you will agree that this is the type of company you can trust in your home to provide a great value for superior service.
With that said, we understand your number one concern is the possible mess chimney sweepers could bring into your home. With Ashbusters Charleston; THERE IS NO MESS! That’s right! Take a look at exactly what we do to ensure that your home is as clean, if not cleaner, after our job is complete.
The 10 Steps We Take
- We wear booties over our shoes to keep your home clean.
- We lay out tarps in front of the fireplace to ensure that your carpet does not get dirty.
- We hook up a high speed dust collector to make sure that no soot gets into your home.
- We sweep the inside of your chimney with hand tools for the firebox and smoke chamber.
- We then clean, inspect and adjust the damper and damper assembly.
- We use brushes on rods to sweep the flue and a vacuum with a triple layer HEPA filter to control dust.
- We do a visual inspection of the outside of the chimney, checking the mortar, brick and crown. We document any damage or needed repairs we find on video or with digital photos that can be sent to you.
- We leave a copy of the written evaluation with you when we are through.
- We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee (homeowner must be present at time of service).
- We recommended this service to be done annually.
We can easily quote the chimney sweep cost and get this chore off of your list…
Call us today or schedule an appointment online.
Don’t Think Your Chimney Needs Sweeping?
There are legitimate times that you might not think you have either burned enough wood to constitute a cleaning or you’ve moved into a new home and think the chimney should be okay because you have not used it at all or it is brand new. While that makes perfect sense to the average consumer, many chimney pros have done evaluations on brand new systems that have clearance to combustible issues that need to be fixed before being safely used.
That’s why Ashbusters Charleston conducts chimney evaluations according to guidelines set forth by the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA).
Please make sure you check out all of our appointment tips to make this a better and safer experience for everyone.