Stay Ahead of Damages from Weather or Inconsistent Maintenance
With Ashbusters Chimney Service – Charleston’s Chimney Sweep
We’ll help you avoid:
Inefficient clothes dryers or heating appliances
Unsightly damage or stains to your masonry from smoke or water
Carbon monoxide poisoning
An uncomfortable living situation due to odors coming from your appliance
You can rest assured that you have done everything in your power to prevent fire and other dangers in your home. Book maintenance and repairs for your appliances and be confident that:
+ Your home value is not decreasing due to inefficient appliances
+ Your fireplace will work when you need it
+ Your dryer is not a hidden risk for fires
+ You can breathe easy knowing your home is free of smoke and carbon monoxide leaks
- 4.9 Rating on Google with over 300 reviews
- 5-star rating on Facebook
- 4.8 rating on Porch based on 862 online reviews
Who Should You Call For Chimney Repairs?
We know what it feels like to not know who to trust for home services. When it comes to chimney or dryer vent work and maintenance, count on the company that has:
- CSIA Certifications
- Gone through an extensive background check
- Participated in mandatory industry training to stay on top of the latest technical advances to maintain our reputation as a premium chimney sweep company.
- Certifications from the Chimney Safety Institute of America
- A Southern Chimney Association Board Member
- A Cultured Stone Masonry Instructor – Southern Chimney Convention
- Graduated from the Pennsylvania College Advanced Fireplace Construction School
- Master Masons Chris Prior and Glenn Luse as instructors.
- A HeatShield® – Cerfractory Flue Repair- Factory Training Instructor
Call to Schedule
If you are ready to book an appointment call us at (843) 268-2934 or start your appointment online here
WHAT TO EXPECT
Whether you call us or we call you back after you submit a scheduling form, you can expect our team to ask you a couple of questions.
Are you representing the home? We get a lot of real-estate managers, property managers, and personal assistants that call for homeowners. Knowing who owns the home helps us to accurately save files and information relating to your services.
Have you used us for your appliance before? If so, we have all your past services on file and it speeds up the scheduling process.
Where is your home located? This ensures that you are in our service area.
What kind of appliance needs serviced? (wood-burning fireplace, wood-burning stove, gas logs, etc)
How many stories is your home? What is the exterior of your chimney made out of? What do you have on your roof? (metal shingles, terra cotta, etc.)
*If you don’t know the answers to these questions, no worries! Our team can help you.
Before the Appointment
24 hours before – Stop using your fireplace, woodstove, or gas stove. For safety’s sake, we need to work with an appliance that is completely cool. As a courtesy, please remove all ash from the firebox. (Place in metal container and put outside away from any combustible material)
Sit Back & Enjoy On-time Arrival
Remove fragile or precious items from the area near the fireplace. We need about 5 to 6 feet of clear space around the fireplace to get our equipment in place.
If you’d like to watch us work, you can! We encourage customers to watch because it’s a great way to learn about chimney safety.